What is the difference between a Paused Squat and a Box Squat?
One of the members of our Women Who Lift Weights Community asked me a question about the difference between Paused Squats and a Box Squat.
Watch this video where I explain the differences.
3 Key Points About Pause Squats
- Great for working core tension/bracing at the bottom of a squat
- Improve confidence in the bottom of a squat
- Improve pushing through a sticking point of a squat
3 Key Points About Box Squats
- Great for working the hips
- Teaches proper mechanics of sitting back in a squat
- Great tool for finding your depth when squatting.
Both of these squat variations are great depending on your training goals.
If you found this article and video helpful please comment, like and share.
Want to improve your squat strength?
Check out my 6 Week Squat Program For Women.
Want 2 Weeks Free Access To My Online Coaching Group?
If so please take our WWLW Strength Survey.
Once you do you will get more info on getting 2 weeks FREE Coaching from me.
Rob King is a Competitive PowerLifter, Coach and Writer.