What Are “Paused Deadlifts” & What Are The Benefits Of Doing Them
Paused deadlifts are a great deadlift variation with numerous benefits.
– Creates more time under tension at your sticking point
– Forces you to brace properly and stabilize the spine, preventing lumbar flexion or low back rounding
– It will force you to keep everything tight, including your lats
– They are great for building grip strength
– Help find weakness in position and/or technique
– Improved technique.
Here is one of my athletes Kerri doing a 2 paused deadlift. One second Paused Deadlifts at 1 inch & at the knee.
Don’t worry about going too heavy on these, the goal should be improving positioning and working in perfect form. Some powerlifters can do these heavy but for most people using them focus more on perfect form and improving body positioning first before worrying about how much weight you are lifting.
Give them a try and let me know how you find them.
Rob King is a Competitive PowerLifter, Coach and Writer.