I love deadlifts.
I love doing them.
I love coaching them.
Did I mention I love deadlifts?
When it comes to lifting I like to keep things simple and effective.
Here are 11 simple tips for stronger deadlift.
1. Focus – Bring your mind to the lift in front of you.
2. Respect The Weight – If you don’t respect the weight sooner or later it will teach you a lesson.
3. Get Your Stance – Sumo or Conventional. Train both but find one that works for you.
4. Set Up – Don’t rush your set up. A good lift starts with a good set up.
5. Tension – Learn to lock everything tight as possible. “Get Tight”.
6. Grip – Grip the bar as tight as possible.
7. Brace – Lock your core like someone is going to punch you in the stomach.
8. Hold Your Breath – If the bar is moving you are not breathing.
9. Push The Ground Away – Don’t pick up the weight, push the ground away from you.
10. Hump The Bar – Once the bar passes your knees squeeze your glutes and use your hips.
11. Own The Lockout – Make sure to finish the lift, chest up, shoulders back, legs locked and head held high with confidence.
If you enjoyed this please comment, like and share.
Want to lean more about Deadlifts? Check out 10 Tips For A Stronger Deadlft
Rob King is a Competitive PowerLifter, Coach and Writer.